Monday, February 28, 2011

A new blanket project

For a long time I was admiring all those pretty Ripple Blankets out there in Blogland and on Ravelry.

Finally I´ve started one too, following  Lucys of Attic24s pattern of Neat Ripple Pattern. Andrea also made a very nice one.

I´m using acrylic mix yarn from stash and some cheap one I´ve bought at a local store. Most yarns are worsted or aran weight and I use a 5mm hook for the ripple pattern. I´ve started with a 227 sts long chain which turned out much longer than expected (no, I didn´t swatch first). So maybe this will be the long side and I crochet the wide now. We will see.




There is no deadline for this blanket. I´m doing it just for fun and when I´m in the mood for a bit of mindless happy colourful crochet :)


Have a nice and happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for bright and cheerful non-deadline crocheting!!! My very favorite kind. Looking great so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely!!! I hope you enjoy doing it...I find it very rhythmic once you get going. Can't wait to see it finished x

    PS Follow this link for a gorgeous ripple....http://www.flickr.com/photos/23493527@N06/4009254732/in/faves-apples-and-pears/

    ReplyDelete

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.