Sunday, February 13, 2011

Small things

Most of the time small things are cute just because they are small. Don´t you think so?

Finally I´ve finished Felix socks. I just forgot them and when found in my knitting/crochet basket under the crochet blankets I but them back finished them in one evening. I don´t know why it always takes such impulses for me to finish something and I nearly never stick to one project from beginning to end. I´ve always have so many things going on at the same time and get distracted very fast. But most things get done (somewhen) so it is not a great problem anyway.



Gummistiefelsocken (socks to wear under his rubber boots)


Pattern: free sock pattern from www.garnstudio.com

Yarn: Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 twin in "Indisch Rot"...I used about 30g

Needles: 2.5mm DPN


This is a very basic sock pattern but as the ribbing goes from cuff to toe at the front it is really stretchy and good fitting on the childs foot.








Valentine day inspired I´ve sewed a little pin cushion because my old one is always too full. Sewed out of scraps, tryed a little applique with zig-zag stitch and stuffed with scraps of wool. The whole project took about 10 minutes from start to finish and is already in use.



2 comments:

  1. Your right children's things are always cuter. the red socks are great, they look like they'll be perfect for warming up rubber boots.

    Love the pincushion, I just made one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little socks are fun to make, aren't they. I should make some more, because my 3yo loves his. Ribbing seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.