Friday, May 20, 2011

New on the needles and hook

After finishing some larger stuff this week I´ve immediatly started some new projcts. None of them are really urgent to make. All just nice things to get done someday eventually.



With blue, grey and green merino yarn and merino mixes from stash I´m going to crochet a second ripple blanket. This time I´ve chained 143 only to make it smaller, but I fear this might be really small. But okay, it will be weide enough for the kids anyway.






 This will be another cardigan for me. It is planned (until now) to knit a Soay cardigan. The pattern is from Gudrun Johnston (Shetland Trader) and I´ve bought it on Ravelry.

I´m using Extra Fine merino yarn from Colourmart in winered mix. It is not really dk weight while knitting, it is thinner. But this is how Colourmart yarns are usually. I´ve made the experiance that they are not too lovely to knit while still oiled, but when the yarn is washed it bloomes wonderfully and makes beautiful garments. I´m knitting with the oiled yarn and I´m exited how the cardigan will be after washing. I keep my fingers crossed (virually - would be a bit tricky to knit with crossed fingers )



Do you remember I´ve told you about the Drops Supersale in May and that I´ve ordered some yarn? It arrived this week and as I´ve never knitted with Drops Andes (65% Wool, 35% Alpaca) before I HAD to cast on immediatly the cardigan I´ve planned.

As this is really warm and heavy wool and the cardigan is planned for fall outdoor use I´m not in a hurry. The yarn is nice and soft in the hand while knitting but not next to skin soft for me to wear (no problem for a warm outdoor garment anyway).

Pattern: Splash of Blue by Suvi Simola

This pattern is not easy for me as one has to look at the charts all the time. So no tv knitting with this. But I think I might have it down by September/October when it is getting cold.


I wish you a nice and relaxing weekend. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I love starting new projects, they're always filled with so much potential.

    ReplyDelete

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.