Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Celery cardigan aka Kürbis

Pattern: Celery Cardigan by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Wollmeise Lace in colour Kürbis (knitted with 2 strands of yarn)
Needles: 4.5mm circular/DPN for sleeves


Unusual for me I´ve knitted this cardigan from start to finish without longer breaks or starting several other projects inbetween because of getting bored. The pattern is easy to understand and to follow but never gets boring! Thats really great. My gauge was totally off so I´ve knitted size XS to get size L and it worked out perfect. At the front which is shaped with short rows, I´ve only knitted only the first shortrow repeat and the beginning of the second one. Also my sleeves are a bit shorter because I was afraid of running out of yarn.

The cardigan grew a bit after washing (what I hoped for) and now has  nice size. As a closure I use a shawl pin.








2 comments:

  1. i like it a lot, you were as usual right!!! i like the pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so fast! It's such a great colour and looks like the perfect sweater to toss on when you need a little something extra.

    ReplyDelete

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.