Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let´s take the challenge








Look here



As ALWAYS Pip is really inspiring and (I think you might know by now) I love her blog. My dear daughter and I take the challenge and try to stay vegetarien for the month ot June.


And while thinking a bit about the vegetarian cause and my place in it I jumped over to WIKIPEDIA and found some interesting information about Vegetarianism.


I think I´m this:

Semi-vegetarian diets consist largely of vegetarian foods, but may include fish or poultry, or other meats on an infrequent basis. Those with diets containing fish or poultry may define "meat" only as mammalian flesh and may identify with vegetarianism.[6][7][8] A pescetarian diet, for example, includes "fish but no meat".[9] The common use association between such diets and vegetarianism has led vegetarian groups such as the Vegetarian Society to state diets containing these ingredients are not vegetarian, due to fish and birds being animals.[10]

LINK


I like eating meal, exspecially Wiener Schnitzel, Schweinsbraten and delicious meals like these, but I also like animals and don´t think they should die because I want some special food. BUT I think it doesn´t hurt if I eat eggs, cheese, yoghurt and other products from animals. Also I can live with the thought of eating chicken or fish now and then.

So I´m trying to stop eating mammalian flesh only although this doesn´t make me a vegetarien. You can call me weak but for how I grew up this is a LARGE step beleave me.

What do you think? Are you vegetarien already or a meat eater? Are you thinking about the animal eating thing or doesn´t it interest you at all? Are you going to try to eat less meat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.