Monday, November 7, 2011

A hat for the husband

How about your men? Do they like handknitted stuff? Mine does not. He doesn´t want me to knit him any scarfs, sweaters, cardigans, cowls or even socks.The only handknitted things he agrees to wear are hats.
And his hats have to be black or darkgrey. 


I think I found a perfect hat pattern for men on ravelry. It´s the Arden hat. It is a free pattern by Mikka Tokuda-Hall.


 The pattern is for two sizes (I´ve knitted the larger one) and comes with written and charted instructions!




Although it looks a bit complicated with all that cables it is really much easier than it looks and works up really fast in worsted/aran weight yarn.




Pattern: Arden hat
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed Aran in soot (dark grey). I´ve used about 1.5 skeins
Needles: 4mm DPN

On the pictures the hat is unblocked and I think I´ll leave it like this. It has the perfect size for my husbands head and will keep him warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.