Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekend knits

This was a long weekend for us and I took some time to knit. Surprise eh?

At her last visit my aunt has seen (and tried on) the Rose Red Tam I´ve knitted for Teresa and me. It was a little small for her and she asked me to knit her something similar with the same yarn. After ordering some yarn I decided to try out the Snapdragon Tam from Ysolda for her. It is a tam and from the same designer, but not exactly the same one as we have. It turned out a bit larger than our hat and I hope thats fine and that it will fit her.
Pattern : Snapdragon Tam
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Pearl (used a bit over one skein)
Needles: 4mm DPN




Warm Neck

As I think that scarfs are not very practical for little baby necks I searched the net and found this cute pattern at Garnstudio.

Very useful and fast little project. I had to modify the pattern as the kid is smaller and the yarn is heavier but that was not really hard.
Pattern: neck warmer (free pattern from Garnstudio)
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Pearl
Needles: 4mm DPN

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Ysolda clever? I must try out some of her hat patterns...

    The neck-warmer is a great idea. Must make some of those for next Winter, if I can find something soft enough. Ü

    ReplyDelete

I like to read what you have to say, so please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you.

Ich freue mich darauf eure Kommentare zu lesen.